Friday, September 16, 2011

my crazy middle child

I thought today would be a good day to tell everyone about my son Kevin, he is that "middle child" but he is hardly invisible! He is a clown, a comforter, a friend. Kevin is a Junior in high school right now trying to decide what he wants to be when he grows up, I know he will be very successful whatever he decides, I never thought he could be so serious about his choices of what career path to take, he always has just lived for today. Not only is he serious about his career future, he is also a great friend, and very caring. He has a friend that has tried to hurt herself, he is standing by her, it hurts me to think a child could be this depressed, but we know it happens, and there is no fault to lay at anyone's feet, it is what it is, but we have to open our eyes to it, and address it, Kevin standing by his friend makes me as a mom so proud of  him, he visits her daily to check that she is ok, when I see him say her name, there is obvious concern in his voice and on his face, it warms me that I created a child with such compassion for others. More on Kevin later, but I love you son!

No comments:

Post a Comment